Monday, December 13, 2010

Would you purchase from a store like this? Would you reveal a company like this?

If you love a product but question their hygienic practices, would you still purchase from that store?

Let me share the whole story...

I follow a few Philippine-based makeup blogs to keep up with what is happening in my beloved hometown. I noticed that a mineral makeup company is popular among bloggers. When I was back for a visit, I had the opportunity to visit their showroom to see what the buzz was all about. And well, things just went downhill from there.



I was appalled at what I saw, starting from when the makeup artist (MUA) who was matching me for foundation used a dirty brush on my face! I am 100% sure that the brush was dirty since another customer was being matched for foundation right before I came in, and I was immediately attended to after.  I was just to disgusted to complain otherwise. Lesson learned!



This was not the brushed used on me! Just an illustration :)

The samples that they used came from sealed containers that the MUA opened (the sifter, not the seal) and tapped the dirty brush into. To be fair, I do not know if they were being sold to customers after being tested out, but shouldn't they have samples for all their products to try out instead of having to lift the sifter each and every time?

They were packaging their products out in the open, and the employee that was packaging the items was not wearing any gloves or masks. They were spooning minerals into jars and that was it. 

And the worst part is... I really really really like their foundation. *Smacks head* Great coverage, good color match, lasts shine-free all day, good value for money.

I have yet to decide if I will do an in-depth review of the product since I cannot really decide if I would purchase from them again witnessing what I saw. So now I ask you... would you purchase from a store like this? Would you reveal the name of the company?


Should I or shouldn't I? That is the question...


Until next time!

m/u newbie

No comments: